Welcome to the House of I.T’s video tutorials about Windows Server 2012 R2.
Note: The only difference between the Windows Server 2012 (R1) and the Windows 2012 R2 is the start button which is present in R2 and not in R1.
There are also new features like:
- Work Folders
- Desired State Configurations
- Storage Tiering
- Storage Pinning
- Write Back Caching
- Duplication on running VMS
- Parallel Rebuild
- Workplace Join
- Multitenant VPN Gateway and many more
I’m going to show you how to install and configure Windows Server 2012.
Windows Server 2012 may be the best version of windows server. It is user friendly and is a great stepping stone for new users of Windows Server.
These tutorials will tackle:
- Installation and configuration of servers, including:
- Planning for upgrades, installations and server roles.
- Introduction to server core
- And basic Powershell functions
Then we’ll tackle:
- Modification of Installation
- Server Conversion
- And performing minimal server installation
We’ll also teach you:
- Server Core – A remote server administration but without the Graphic User Interface
- Active Directory Management is also included in this tutorial. Which is very important because it is the foundation of Windows Server. It includes:
- Differences between various Domain Structures
- Creating and Using Domain Controller
- Working with Different User Accounts and Organizational Units
- And joining computers to the domain
Then we’ll tackle:
- Account Automation – it quickly creates multiple number of accounts, which is useful in software testing, in lab and classroom environment or in HR Department.
We’ll also teach you about:
- Working with different groups and Group Policy objects or GPO. We’ll teach you the essentials on how or why we use GPO’s. Also multiple level group policy objects for computers with multiple users. Which then brings us to central store which is useful; for software maintenance and updates. Another important thing that we need to discuss about GPO is the Scope of Management. Windows Server 2012 also gives us new preferences and Starter GPO’s which are very useful especially to those new users of Windows Server. It also contains Security Settings and Templates, including application of multiple security settings. After that we’ll you the different ways of doing a Software Lockdown, including its advantage and disadvantages. There’s also the group policy object for windows firewall, which is easy to administer and expands the reach of its effect.
- The next part of the tutorial is about Network Configuration.
- IP Address Reading
- It also includes IPv6 which may be quite troublesome because of its hex values.
- And then there’s DHCP and DNS configuration which are essential for network identification and network communication
- We’ll also teach you network virtualization using Hyper – V.
- And then we’ll teach you new ways of managing your local storages; plus file security and access permissions.
- And lastly this tutorial will teach you about additional storages, working offline, among others and printer configuration in a network.
So sit back and I hope you’ll learn a lot in this tutorial.