Microsoft seems to be getting things right especially now that Windows 10 is almost around the corner.
Successor to Windows 7 and 8.1, Windows 10 was formally revealed and previewed to the public in the fall of 2014. Just earlier this year, Microsoft held a two-hour event at Redmond headquarters and showed a much extensive version of Windows 10. this upgrade is set to be released this July 29th.
So what’s new in Windows 10?
Here are some of the coolest features you can expect:
- The Start menu has returned to its throne — lower-left hand corner of the desktop
- Cortana, Microsoft’s digital assistant on Windows Phone 8.1, will be incorporated in Windows 10
- Project Spartan Browser has an official name – Microsoft Edge
- Face recognition device – Windows Hello iris & fingerprint login
- An array of universal Windows apps like Mail, Calendar, Video, Photos & Music
- Free upgrade on Microsoft’s windows 10. The newest change in Microsoft’s upgrade policy is available for Windows 7, 8.1, Windows phone 8.1 and users can make use of the complimentary upgrades the whole year
With so much to anticipate on the official release of Windows 10, one thing is for sure: this innovation sparks massive opportunities for you, your business, business partners, and customers.
Here are different editions that will let you love Windows 10 even more.
Windows 10 Pro
The desktop edition for tablets and PCs, Windows 10 pro has the state-of-the-art features of Windows 10 Home. The great thing about this is that it meets the requirements of small businesses –helps manage devices and apps effectively, protects critical corporate information, aids in remote and mobile productivity and maximizes cloud technologies.
Furthermore, Windows Pro lets customers take advantage of Windows Update for business which minimizes costs, provides fast security updates, delivers controls over update deployment and offers access to the latest innovation from Microsoft.
Designed to bring the best user experience on smartphones and small tablets, it has the same Windows apps and features the touch-optimized version of Office. The latest mobile version provides increased security and improves productivity and management capabilities for customers who wants to utilize their gadgets at work. Windows 10 Mobile also allows new devices to take advantage of Cortinuum for phone so customers can use their phone like a PC when connected to a larger screen.
Smartphones and small tablet business customers, heads up! You can now take advantage of Windows 10 mobile enterprise and can benefit from the following features: increased productivity, enhanced security and mobile device management capabilities, and more flexibility for your business. You can also benefit from the latest security protocols and more innovative features that will be released in the upcoming months.
Windows Enterprise has advanced features that meet the demands of small to medium-sized organizations. Since modern security threats on applications, corporate data and devices have grown to a fever pitch, windows 10 enterprise has advanced capabilities that provide robust security. It supports a wide selection of options for operating system deployment and extensive device and app management.
School administrators, students and professors alike can access Windows 10 Education via academic Volume Licensing. Students who are already using Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro devices can upgrade to Windows 10 Education.
How Windows 10 Furthers your Business
If you are already familiar with Windows 10 insider preview campaign materials, you will have a thorough understanding of sales tools that will help you further your business. Take note of the following:
- Campaign materials offer sales tools that has presentation outlines, product descriptions, feature details and more. Whether it will be information on Windows 10 for enterprise or just simply an overview on Windows 10, you’ll have lots of materials to develop your customer’s knowledge.
- Windows Accelerate helps speed up the adoption of Windows 10 and creates deployment solutions and prototype apps specific to your clients’ needs.
- Windows 10 offers prompt delivery of the old-fashioned set of migration-related projects and assists partners in offering ongoing, higher value services and secure new application projects. You can also provide Office 365 and Azure cloud services to your customers.
Now as we move closer to the release date of Windows 10, the anticipation is growing stronger and the expectations, higher. With future updates in the coming months, be prepared to see a more reliable, faster and well, perfect Windows operating system.
So, mark your calendars. Save the date. July 29 it is!