18 Reasons Why Your Small Business Should Use Fiber Optic GPON
Almost everything can be digitalized and done online. This is especially true in the business setting.
Companies that modernized their business operations were able to deliver faster services to their customers. Not only did they foster convenience and customer satisfaction, but their businesses also became less susceptible to human errors. Even though this is the case, these services won’t reach its maximum potential without strong internet speed. That’s why it’s important to acquire the
for your business.
There are a lot of IT service providers today that offer
installations. But when it comes to fiber optic Gigabit Passive Optical Networks (GPON), House of IT is one of the best choices that specialize in this type of installation.
If you’re wondering if fiber optic GPON is the one for your business, this portion of the blog is for you. Here are 18 ways that you can make the most of this technology to aid your business’ productivity, financials, and collaboration and learning.
1. Enables your business to deploy a time tracking software smoothly and map out where time is spent by whom. With this tool, you’ll be able to promote accountability, productivity, and process involvement within your organization.
2. Fiber optic GPON allows you to use digital dictation to streamline your work processes with ease.
3. Your business can use GPON to maximize project management and task management tools. That said, it can help you stay on top of your business responsibilities every day.
4. It allows you to create a digital filing system for your documents. Hence, simplifying the process of sorting, saving, and sharing files within your organization.
5. Empowers your company to develop a more efficient email management process for internal and external communications. With GPON, it will be easier for you to stay on top of the flow of messages in your business.
6. Makes online invoicing services possible. Hence, reducing the cost of customer payment collection.
7. Gives your business the power to make use of online budget trackers to monitor and reduce their expenses.
8. GPON allows you to file your taxes online more conveniently.
9. Enables you to sell your products online with ease. Therefore, giving your company a new income stream.
10. It provides you the resources to streamline your business finances efficiently. For starters, fiber optic GPON capacitates you to use comprehensive accounting software without problems.
11. Improves bookkeeping processes by making the task of sharing digital files with bookkeepers or accountants simpler for users.
12. It allows you to replace the costly branded alternatives by enabling you to explore open source applications.
Collaboration and Learning
13. Ensures everyone in your team is on the same page by making teleconference calls reliable and smooth.
14. Your organizations can use webinars or web conferences to keep everyone in the loop without the need to travel for face-to-face time.
15. It allows you to conduct online business training to expand your team’s knowledge and skills.
16. Powers the cloud to make it easier for users to share files and data with one another.
17. It helps you to set up an Intranet for your business’ local file sharing.
18. Makes team messaging a great medium to communicate quickly and clearly within your organization.
What Are the Common Features of GPON?
This technology delivers its users the downstream speed of 2.5 Gbps and the upstream speed of 1.25 Gbps. It also supports long distances up to 20 km and maintains the same performance all throughout. Furthermore, GPON also keeps businesses safe from wiretapping, eavesdropping and other kinds of hacking.
What Are the Advantages of Using GPON?
GPON offers numerous advantages to its users. One of the most popular advantages is its ability to support multiple users through a single shared optical fiber. With the help of inexpensive passive optical splitters, businesses can now cater to up to 64 ONTs. That said, GPON is clearly a great option for businesses that want to replace their copper networks with fiber optics.
Other than that GPON is also considered by experts as a cost-efficient way to deploy fiber. It allows providers to accommodate organizations that make use of bandwidth-intensive applications. Furthermore, it also has the potential to pave the way for future internet speed improvements.
How Far Does GPON Reach?
In a GPON system, the distance between the OLT and ONT is usually determined by three things. Namely, these are optical transmitter’s launch power, the far end receiver’s receive sensitivity, and the optical distribution network’s (ODN) optical loss. Primarily, the optical loss comes from splices, splitter, and connectors.
As you can see, the total distance a GPON can reach is a tradeoff between split ration and distance. That said, if you have a very low split ratio, you will be able to reach longer distances as far as 40 km. On the other hand, if your split ratio is very high, the splitter’s overall distance from the ONT is decreased significantly.
It’s a Cost-Effective Choice for Businesses